Ruby Valley Trek is the new trekking route and has gain the popularity among the trekking routes of Nepal as it propounds the wide range of geographical diversity – covering Langtang National Park and Manaslu Conservation Area Project. Ruby Valley lies in the Ganesh Himal region. Named after the precious stone Ruby, Ruby Valley is considered home to Ruby stone mine sites. Ruby Valley Trek is comparatively a new trekking destination recently opened. The trek offers a rare experience of mountain, culture and natural biodiversity. Mt. Ganesh I, locally called Yangra peak (7422m), Ganesh II (7118m), Lapsang Karbo (7043m), Pabil (7,104m), Mt. Manaslu and Langtang, are the famous Himalayan peaks visible from this trekking region.
- Explore Ruby Valley – one of the less beaten areas of mid-western center of Nepal
- Enjoy the best views of Ganesh Himal, Annapurna, Manaslu and Langtang Himalayan Ranges.
- Relax in an exotic Hot Water Spring along the trek at Tatopani during the trek.
- Experience the diversity of traditions and cultures of different Nepalese ethnic tribes (Tamang, Gurung, Ghale, Brahmin, Chhetri, Newar and Chepang)
Outline ItineraryDay 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1600m) 7-8 hrs drive
Day 04: Trek Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2340m) for 5-6 hrs
Day 05: Trek Gatlang to Somdang (3280m) for 6-7 hrs
Day 06: Trek Somdang to Tipling (2080m) for 6-7 hrs
Day 07: Trek Tipling to Shertung (1875m) for 5-6 hrs
Day 08: Visit Tatopani (2 hrs walk) and Trek to Chalish Gaon (1646m) for 4-5hrs
Day 09: Trek Chalish Gaon to Jharlang (3020m) for 5-6 hrs
Day 10: Trek Jharlang to Darkha Gaon (850m) for 6-7 hrs
Day 11: Trek Darkha Gaon to Darkha Phedi (1349m) 1 hr & drive to Kathmandu via Dhading Besi 7-8 hrs drive
Day 12: Departure
After your arrival at the airport in Kathmandu you will be greeted by one of our representatives who will later transfer you to the hotel. After hotel check in you can decide whether you would like to have a relaxing rest at the hotel or hang around the streets of Kathmandu (If you have leisure time). You will be briefed about our next day’s travel plan by our company representative. O/N you stay at the hotel.
Starting the Ruby valley Trek, after breakfast we will organize a guided city tour where you get to discover several historical, cultural and spiritual attractions of Kathmandu. You will be seeing the world heritage sites like historical Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of lord Pashupatinath, Buddhist pilgrimage Syambhunath(famous by the name of Monkey temple among tourists) and Boudhanath Shrine. You will be amazed to see the culture, tradition and lifestyle of people living in Kathmandu valley. After a full day seeing tour, you will be dropped back to the hotel where you rest for the night.
After the breakfast we drive for about 7-8 hours through the zigzag and hilly road and reach the Syabrubesi (1600m). Overnight at Syabrubesi.
Today on the fourth day of Ruby valley Trek, we begin the first trek of the trip toward Gatlang (2340m) following the trail that leads through the new valley road to Chilime Khola valley. Our trek terminates after walk for about 5-6 hours. Overnight at Gatlang.
Enjoying the Ruby valley Trek, after breakfast we continue our trek following the broad trail that passes through the forest filled with pine and rhododendron and descend to the Somdang (3280m) taking about 6-7 hours. Overnight at Somdang.
From Somdang we follow the trail that climbs up through dense forest and travere above a large kharka that heads towards Pasang La Pass at 3842 meters where locals have built a small gompa. From the top we gradually descend through terraced fields and reach Tipling (2080m). Our walk ends after walking for about 6-7 hours. Overnight at Tipling.
On the seventh day of the Ruby valley Trek, we begin our trek through descending trail to Adha khola and then ascending trail to Shertung (1875m), a small villages surrounded by Tamang which offers the spectacular view of Ganesh HImal Range. Overnight at Shertung.
Today after breakfast we walk for about 2 hours for Tatopani a natural hot spring and spend some time at the hot spring and wash away all our aches. Then begin our trek toward Chalish Gaon (1646m) which take about 4-5 hours. Overnight at Chalish Gaon.
Experiencing the Ruby valley Trek, we continue our trek form Chalish following the trail that passes through Mani Danda from where great views of Ganesh Himal Range can be seen. We continue to trek following the trail that passes through Lishne jungle and Chhapchyat village and arrive at Jharlang (3020m) with the walk for about 5-6 hours. Overnight at Jharlang.
Leaving Jharlang we gradually descend down to Jharlang Phedi while passing along terraced fields with amazing landscapes. Continuing the trail and passing over several suspension bridges we finally reach Darkha Gaon (850m). Overnight at Darkha Gaon.
Early in the after breakfast we trek for an hour and reach Darkha Phedi (1349m) from where we will catch a local bus and drive towards Dhading besi and then finally to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Your Ruby Valley Trek terminates today. You will be escorted to airport by one of our representative and there we exchange our last good-byes. You will be traveling towards your further destination with all the memories you had during your tour. We hope you had a lovely time with us. We would be obliged to be your travel partner during your next adventure in Nepal. Have a safe flight back home!
The Trip Cost Includes
- Airport pick up/drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Guided Kathmandu city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and Darkha Phedi to Kathmandu by private vehicle/bus.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest house/lodge with breakfasts.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide and necessary porters (1 Porter for 2 trekkers) during the trek including their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance
- National parks entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/Trek.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide(s) or porter(s) or driver.