Manaslu region is located in the western part of Nepal; Mt. Manaslu at [8163m] is the eighth highest peaks in the world which opened its routes for trekking only in 1992 AD, It is located near to the border of Nepal alongside Tibet. The Manaslu Circuit Trek takes you around Manaslu, the world’s eighth highest mountain at 8,163 meters (26,781 ft).The Manaslu Circuit Trek is wild and remote, yet there are teahouses at every day stage, so trekkers don’t need to bring tents and food, making it more accessible and affordable than similar treks. The scenery provides all Nepal has to offer: you’ll trek from the subtropical jungle at lower elevations, through the Himalayan foothills to the high, cold and challenging crossing of the Larkya La above 5,100 meters / 17,000 feet.
- Enjoy sightseeing of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu City
- Hike through gushing rivers, green countryside, alpine meadows, valleys, glaciers
- Witness majestic mountains view of Mt. Manaslu (8163m)-the 8th tallest peak in the world
- Cross Larkya La Pass located at an altitude of 5,213 meters
- Explore variety of floras & faunas at the remote Manaslu conservation area
- Discover authentic Hindu & Tibetan-style villages where inhabitants follow different traditional ways of livings
- Get along with ethnic people and their culture
Outline ItineraryDay 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Sotikhola (710m) 8-9 hrs drive
Day 04: Trek Sotikhola to Machhakhola (870m) 23km for 7-8 hrs
Day 05: Trek Machhakhola to Jagat (1340m) 23 km for 7-8 hours
Day 06: Trek Jagat to Deng (1860m) 20km for 7-8 hrs
Day 07: Trek Deng to Namrung (2630m) 19km for 6-7 hrs
Day 08: Trek Namrung to Lho (3180m) 11 km for 5-6 hrs
Day 09: Trek Lho to Samagaun (3500m) 17 km for 6-7 hrs
Day 10: Acclimatizing day at Samagaun
Day 11: Trek Samagaun To Samdo (3860m) 16 km for 4-5 hrs
Day 12: Trek Samdo to Dharmasala (4480m) 12km for 4-5 hrs
Day 13: Cross the Larke Pass (5213m) and trek down to Bimtang (3720m) 25 km for 8-9 hrs
Day 14: Trek Bimtang to Tilije (2300m) 14 km for 5-6 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Dharapani 16 km for 6-7 hrs and drive to Besisahar 3 hrs drive
Day 16: Drive back to Kathmandu 6 hrs drive
Day 17: Departure
You will be greeted by one of our representative at the international airport and then transferred to Hotel. Then you will be provided with brief description about next day program. At evening you will join the welcome dinner in a traditional Nepali restaurant with our team. After dinner you will be dropped back to Hotel.
Manaslu Circuit Trek includes the sightseeing of the cultural heritage sites of Kathmandu like Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Bouddhanath Stupa and Syambhunath Temple (known as Monkey temple by tourist). The arts around the Durbar square will not let you down, and the serenity and composure around the temple and stupa will capture your heart. Later at the evening you will be transferred back to the hotel.
After breakfast we drive from Kathmandu to Dhading Besi enjoying terrace, field, hilly areas and rivers. Then drive towards Arughat with a rough road on rocky trails. And finally drive to the last spot of the day Sotikhola (710m). Overnightat Sotikhola.
After the delicious breakfast at Sotikhola we continue our Manaslu Circuit Trek to our next destination Machhakhola (870m). Walking through a sandy river bed, climbing over stone ridges and then again moving down to the river and crossing the suspension bridges, we reach Machcha Khola village. The trek continues for 6-7 hours before reaching the destination. Overnight at Macchakhola.
On the fifth day of Manaslu Circuit Trek, after breakfast we begin the trek of the day to Jagat (1340m). We march for Jagat via Tatopani where we take bath at natural hot spring and remove all our aches. After spending some time at hot spring we continue our walk to the Jagat. Overnight at Jagat.
Today after breakfast we continue our Manaslu Circuit Trek and trek for Deng (1860m). We encounter Gurung village, maize field, steep gorge, grassy slopes, suspension bridge and bamboo forest during our trek to Deng. Overnight at Deng.
Enjoying the Manaslu Circuit Trek, we pursue our trek to Namrung (2630m) from Deng which encompasses forest, Budhi Gandaki Valley, painted Mani stones, Siring Himal and gorge. Namrung is the best viewpoint for Siring and Ganesh Himal as well as Mt. Himal Chuli. Overnight at Namrung.
From Namrung a steep climb and passage through forests take us to Lihi, a village well known for its chortens and barley terraces. After crossing the side valley of Simnang, we pass through Sho and then reach Lho (3180mLate afternoon visit the local monastery after you reached there. Overnight at Lho.
On the ninth day of Manaslu Circuit Trek, after breakfast we pursue our trek towards Samagaun (3500m) where one gets to witness the amazing views of Mount Manaslu and explore the famous Ribung Gompa. The marvelous view of the high mountains along with makes us forget the tiredness of the trek. Overnight at Samagaun.
This day is set aside to rest and acclimatize to the increasing altitudes. We stay in Samagaon and explore the surrounding areas or visit Birendra Tal and Anie Gompa. The main attraction of the day is the Pungyen Gompa with a spectacular view of the glaciers. After the exploration we come back at hotel for rest.
Today we trek from Samagaun to Samdo (3860m). We follow Budhi Gandaki and cross a suspension bridge and take the trail on right to Larla la which is a fairly easy trail, passing through Mani walls and juniper and birch forests. Overnight at Samdo.
Relishing the Manaslu Circuit Trek, we pursue our trek to Dharmasala (4480m) encompassing a few streams and Larkya Glacier. This short walk to Larke Phedi provides enough time and rest to acclimatize for the further trek. Overnight at Dharmasala.
On the thirteen day of Manaslu Circuit Trek, we make a short climb and reach a valley on the north side of Larkya glacier with exquisite views of Larkya peak. We ascend the moraines of a glacier which becomes quite steep at the end before reaching the pass. From here we can enjoy the breathtaking views of Himlung, Cheo, Kanggru and the Annapurna. It is a longer walk than other days and you reach the guesthouse among the low pastures at the dim lights of dusk. When we finally reach Bimtang (3720m), the picturesque view of Mount Manaslu makes every step worth it. Overnight at Bimtang.
Today we make our way down towards a high pasture and then a bridge over Dudh Khola. We get to our destination Tilije (2300m) following the rhododendron forests, narrow valleys and fields. Overnight at Tilije.
We trek down to the paved road and rich Dharapani and enter Annapurna circuit section. From Dharapani we take Jeep or bus from Dharapani to Beishar which takes 4-5 hours. Overnight at Besishar.
Experiencing the Manaslu Circuit Trek, today we drive back to Kathmandu via the bank of Trishuli and Marsyandi river observing the diverse landscapes, rivers and valleys. After the drive for 6 hours we reach Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Your Manaslu Circuit Trek terminates today. You will be escorted to airport by one of our representative and there we exchange our last good-byes. You will be traveling towards your further destination with all the memories you had during your tour. We hope you had a lovely time with us. We would be obliged to be your travel partner during your next adventure in Nepal. Have a safe flight back home!
The Trip Cost Includes
- Airport pick up/drop off by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Guided Kathmandu city tours inclusive of private vehicle and guide.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Arughat and Besisahar to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Accommodation during the trek at guest house/lodge with breakfasts.
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide and necessary porters (1 Porter for 2 trekkers) during the trek including their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance
- Annapurna and Manaslu National parks entrance Permit and fees.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card fees. (Please bring 2 passport size photos for TIMS & Permit)
- Manaslu trekking special permit fee.
- First Aid medical kit.
- Duffle bag, down jacket, sleeping bag and walking pole.
- Farewell dinner in Authentic Nepali Restaurant.
- All government taxes, VAT and office service charge.
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/Trek.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu if needed.
- Nepal entry visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower)
- Any kind of drinks (tea/coffee, hot chocolate, boiled water, bottle water, cola, beer etc.)
- Tips for guide(s) or porter(s) or driver.